Age 3-12 ♥ English
Learning A-Z products and resources meet the challenges of literacy instruction in today’s world. Explore these award-winning products to see how they empower teachers and equip students with the skills they need for success in the classroom and beyond.
At Learning A-Z, we understand that no two students learn in exactly the same way. Our research-based resources are designed to help teachers provide the instruction and practice each student needs to become a proficient learner.
- High-interest books and eBooks at 29 reading levels
- Interactive audio books
- Adaptive reading instruction
- Leveled writing lessons and tools
- Multilevel science texts
- Grade-appropriate practice tests
Our Leveling System
Every Learning A-Z leveled book and eBook is analyzed to identify the qualitative and quantitative measures that contribute to a book’s level of difficulty. Unlike many other leveling systems, our proprietary system was created to analyze multiple factors that contribute to text complexity — not just word counts and sentence length — to ensure a just-right reading experience for each student.
Blended Learning | Digital and Mobile
Combining the Power of Reading A-Z and Raz-Kids
Students develop reading skills most efficiently when instruction, practice, and assessment are blended and informed by data. Raz-Plus is a blended learning platform that combines teacher-led whole-class and small-group instruction with technology-enabled resources for personalized reading practice. All resources are accessible online and available in printable, projectable, and digital formats to strengthen the connection between what is being taught and what students independently practice.
- Deliver standards-aligned reading instruction with more than 50,000 resources that develop key 21st century skills.
- Personalize reading practice with more than 3,000 developmentally appropriate leveled books.
- Additional reading resources available in printable, projectable, online, and mobile formats.
- Build comprehension skills and strategies with lesson plans, activity sheets, and quizzes that accompany each leveled book.
- Inform instruction with online, data-driven reports that show individual and class-wide activity and performance.
Leveled Reading | Comprehensive Instruction
Providing Differentiated Resources for Effective Reading Instruction
Ranked the #1 reading instruction resource in an independent survey of more than 18,000 K-5 teachers, Reading A-Z is famous with educators for its extensive collection of leveled reading resources. With more than 2,000 books at 29 levels of reading difficulty to choose from, you can easily put developmentally appropriate content into each student’s hands.
The product also includes thousands of corresponding resources to enhance instruction and strengthen students’ reading skills, such as guided lesson plans, worksheets, assessments, & much more.
- Differentiate student reading with more than 2,000 books at 29 levels of reading difficulty.
- Hone reading skills with lesson plans, worksheets, discussion cards, and comprehension quizzes that accompany every leveled book.
- Teach important 21st century skills and address critical ELA curriculum standards with thousands of downloadable, projectable, and printable teaching materials.
- Utilize hundreds of world language / translated books ideal for bilingual, ELL, and dual-language program
Leveled Reading | E-Learning Experience
Supporting Anytime, Anywhere Leveled Reading Practice
With billions of leveled readers already accessed across the world, Raz-Kids is an award-winning resource that provides a library of differentiated books at 29 levels of difficulty students use to practice reading in school, at home, or on the go. Digital and mobile access means that students get the personalized reading practice they need anytime, anywhere. And with easy-to-use online controls, teachers can quickly manage and track their students’ reading progress in a matter of minutes.
- Provide meaningful online reading practice on computers and mobile devices with hundreds of leveled books and corresponding quizzes offered at 29 levels of reading difficulty.
- Encourage close reading skills and the reading and writing connection with interactive tools and constructed response quiz questions.
- Make practicing reading fun with the engaging Kids A-Z eLearning environment, which includes built-in motivational rewards.
- Easily track individual and class-wide progress with digital reports.
Early Learning | Reading Comprehension
Adapting Reading Instruction to Grow Successful Readers
Headsprout is a research-proven kids’ reading program that takes students on a digital journey to become better readers. With a cast of captivating characters to help them along the way, students complete interactive online episodes that continually teach the critical foundational reading skills and comprehension strategies students need to excel in the classroom and beyond. The program’s instruction is designed to adapt to each student’s specific needs and learning pace, and has received favorable independent reviews for its effectiveness in a variety of classroom environments.
- Provide individualized learning with online and mobile instruction presented in two sequential instruction packages customized to meet each student’s specific needs.
- Continually develop students’ reading skills with built-in instructional sequencing.
- Ensure retention of reading skills with embedded smart error correction.
- Improve students’ test scores and literacy rates.
Science and Literacy | Activities and Experiments
Blending Multilevel Content with Hands-On Learning
Science A-Z is an award-winning curriculum resource that blends science and literacy into one captivating K-6 curriculum. The product delivers thousands of resources in Life Science, Earth and Space Science, Physical Science, Engineering, and Process Science. In addition to a robust library of multilevel informational texts, Science A-Z also delivers engaging science experiments, hands-on activities, and other collaborative learning opportunities that allow students to think and act like scientists.
- Customize and differentiate instruction with multilevel materials in English and Spanish that help satisfy both science and ELA curriculum standards.
- Put broad science concepts and core ideas into context with high-interest reading materials and hands-on science experiments.
- Easily access background information, answer keys, and cross-curricular extension ideas to continue learning.
- Expand students’ understanding of science content, current events, and STEM fields with interactive eResources and additional learning opportunities.
Comprehensive Instruction | E-Learning Tools
Delivering Comprehensive Writing Instruction and Practice
Writing A-Z provides the differentiated materials and instruction tools K-6 educators need to teach writing in the classroom. With an extensive collection of resources differentiated at 5 developmental levels, teachers can easily provide the lessons and activities their students need to improve their writing skills. The product also delivers a set of eLearning tools students can use to practice their creative and process writing skills and submit assignments to their teacher online.
- Differentiate instruction with leveled lessons and activities available in printable and projectable formats.
- Model the individual writing skills students need to thrive with digitally delivered skill-building resources.
- Provide interactive writing opportunities with eLearning tools students can use in school or at home.
- Easily track individual and class-wide progress with digital reports and teacher management controls.
Teaching Resources | Online Practice
Providing Comprehensive Vocabulary Word Lists and Lessons
Vocabulary A-Z is a digital solution for helping K-5 students build vocabulary and increase reading comprehension. With Vocabulary A-Z, teachers can differentiate vocabulary instruction and practice with premade and customizable word lists, printable and digital lessons, and online game-based activities and quizzes that students love!
- Choose from premade vocabulary lessons or create custom lessons from categorized word lists
- Connect instruction to current topics of study, reading series, or Learning A-Z resources.
- Assign differentiated lessons to students for online independent practice.
- Generate printable 5-day lesson plans to support classroom instruction.
- Motivate students to practice vocabulary with online game-based activities that dynamically incorporate assigned lists and make learning fun.
- Inform individual and class-wide instructional needs using digital activity and assignment reports.